Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:33 PM
Lateral Inversion| A short story by Usham RonjanPrologue: The Story: The guy failed to notice that he's right-handed and he was writing with the right-hand that night and that: The guy in the mirror i.e. the image was also writing with his right-hand there! It was midnight in the room where I was reading hard with the exam knocking at the door and was working on a big numerical problem scribbling in some sheets. Body aching due to stress. Had there been any hotel open, I would have recuperated myself with a cuppa and then covered up as many portions as I could in that late rare night. Sometimes I wished I could keep going with such habit of studying hard burning the midnight oil, but I hardly did it. Had I been a son of a billionaire, I would have slept much earlier without worrying much of my responsibilities and duties! Good that I was not given that opportunity, which else would have made me someone else. The night was perfectly silent - my ears were ready to hear anything, even a pin drop! After covering up few steps of calculation, I wanted a short break . Stretching my legs, hands, my back...Yawn... my vision got caught in the fairly-sized mirror in my front a few feet away- "I'm looking great!". I smiled at my image and checked out if I was the same handsome guy! My clone there smiled back and gestured I was right - the same handsome guy. I resumed my study till I got tired enough, covered up enough portions and finally fed up, to send myself to the land of nod at one blink of eyes. |
© U. Ronjan, FDOR®, '07 |
No comments:
Post a Comment